Circular Economy In Sustainable
Agricultural Development

Enhancing small-holder farmers’ sustainable competitiveness and supporting the local development of the North Bank region of the Gambia.

Food security on Gambia is still influenced by several natural and structural factors that affect the lives and the livelihood of rural smallholder farmers, and climate change continue to have aggravating effects on food production and nutrition of the most vulnerable groups in rural communities.

 

For this reasons the vision of the CESAD Project is to transform the agricultural sector in the North Bank Region of the Gambia in a profitable business able to generate profit for farmers and create work opportunities for unemployed people. Thanks to the increase of sustainable competitiveness of smallholder farmers in final markets they will have the possibility to engage themselves in the agricultural activities being able to find a way to introduce their products in the agro-commodities market, and generate profit that can be invested in other activities and needs like education, medical care or house care providing an increase in the quality of lives in rural areas.

 

CESAD Project has a total budget of 834,605.00 Euro, the European Commission contributes with the 80% of the amount, the remaining quota of 20% is shared among partners. CESAD Project started in August 2018 and will be accomplished in August 2021.

30

Hectares of communal gardens irrigated through solar power irrigation system

1

Food processing unit to transform agricultural products and reduce organic waste

4

Storage facilities with cooling system to preserve goods

1

Aquaculture system to provide the area with fresh fish

200

Farmers trained on climate resilience sustainable agriculture

Contact Us

Fill out the form in all its fields and you will be contacted by our staff for more information about the project.
This contact form collects your name, email and content.
For more information, consult the page of Privacy Policy.
I accept the storage of my data.

Address:
Via Pinelli 24/d

Phone:
011 019 1095

Email:
info@cesadproject.eu